Muon's Data Protection Policy
Respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data
Muon collects information to understand your needs better. This helps us to improve our services and the way we
communicate with you.
We know that privacy is important to you and we strive to be as open and transparent as possible in how we
Muon’s Data Protection Policy aims to help you understand how we collect, use, share and protect your personal
Ways we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information when you:
- Subscribe to our services
- Sign up for alerts or newsletters
- Contact us with a question or request for assistance
- Participate in a competition, lucky draw or survey
The information we collect
The information we collect depends on the Muon products and services you use and subscribe to. Here are key
- Your identity – This may include NRIC, FIN or passport number, address, telephone number, e-mail
address, date of birth,***any form of biometric that you may have submitted, as well as service-related
information such as bank and credit card details, device ID and IP address.
- Your interaction with us – For example, a note or recording of a call you make to one of our
centres, an email or letter you send to us or other records of any contact you have with us.
Your account information – For example, the subscription services you use or other details related to
- Information on your use of our services – For example, the phone numbers you call or send text
to and vice versa, as well as the date, time and duration of your calls through our network and the
location of your mobile device.
- Your preferences – This is based on what you share with us on how you would like to be contacted, and
your preferred products, services and lifestyle activities for example.
- Information from other organisations – These organisations include fraud-prevention agencies,
directories, credit reference agencies or individuals we believe you have authorised to provide your personal
details on your behalf.
How we use your information
We may use your information for:
Provisioning & administration of services
- Process your orders and activate or deactivate services
- Enable us to process bills and payments
- Respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorised
- Verification of identity
- Store information for performing certain functions such as completing forms, facilitating website
authentication, and enabling marketing and advertising technology
Market research, network & service enhancement
- Conduct market research and customer satisfaction surveys to improve our customer service; develop new
products, as well as personalise the services we offer you
- Improve our Services
- Perform market analysis
- Improve your user experience based on your usage behaviour on our websites and applications
(Upon request from private and public organisations, we may provide information collected as described above
their planning purposes. The information included within any reports to these organisations is always aggregated
and anonymised such that no particular individual is identifiable.)
Sharing of rewards and benefits
- Offer rewards and promotions, and share promotional benefits and loyalty programs which you may qualify for
- Provide updates, offers, invitations to events and deliver relevant advertising, including through voice,
and digital advertising with your prior consent or if otherwise permitted under local laws and regulations
Security and risk management
- Inform you of service and security issues
- Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes and recover debts
- Conduct internal audits and determine creditworthiness
- Ensure the safety and security of our properties and systems
- Conduct checks against money laundering, terrorism financing and related risks
Legal & regulatory requirements
- Meet legal, regulatory and other requirements including providing assistance to law enforcement, judicial
other government agencies
We will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you, or which are permitted
under local laws and regulations.
We will not offer, publish or share your personal data with third parties outside of the Muon for commercial
purposes, without seeking your explicit permission.
We will retain your information for only as long as there is a business or legal need.
Sharing your information
We may share your information with:
- Business partners and vendors we work with to deliver services you have subscribed to
- Industry regulators and other government organisations, as required by local laws and regulations
- Financial institutions for purposes such as facilitating GIRO payments
- Research institutions for market analysis purposes
- Credit reference bureaus for the purpose of preparing credit reports or evaluation of creditworthiness
Your information is disclosed to the above only for relevant purposes (please refer to those mentioned in this
Policy) or to protect the interests of our customers.
In some cases, we encrypt, anonymise and aggregate the information before sharing it. Anonymising means
the information of personally identifiable features. Aggregating means presenting the information in groups or
segments e.g. age groups.
We will also ensure that overseas organisations we work with observe strict confidentiality and data protection
Protecting your information
We have implemented stringent measures to secure and protect your information. These include:
- Safeguards to prevent security breaches in our network and database systems
- Limits on access to information in our systems and the systems of our business partners and vendors
- Strict verification processes to prevent unauthorised access to information
Respecting your contact preferences
Muon is committed to complying with the Do Not Call (DNC) provisions. We have always been mindful of engaging
customers in a more targeted and relevant way.
We may send marketing messages to your Singapore telephone number if:
- you have given us consent, OR
- you have not registered with the national DNC Registry, OR
- the sending of such messages is permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Our marketing messages aim to update you about our exclusive offers, rewards programme and special deals from
preferred partners and advertisers.
You may configure your browser setting to disable all cookies and mobile advertising IDs, including cookies
and mobile advertising IDs associated with our services. However, it is important to remember that some of our
services may not function properly if your cookies and/or mobile advertising IDs are disabled.
Feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer at info@Muon.sg.
We may amend or modify this Policy from time to time, such as in response to changes to legislation. We remain
committed to safeguarding your information and being open about our data protection practices.
This Policy is to be read together with our Terms and Conditions of Services - General
and applies to all products and services provided by Muon.
Please note that different or separate data protection policies may apply to specific products and services